It is our GOAL to ensure that CAFE students are totally prepared, academically, mentally and spiritually to become the future leaders of tomorrow.
- To ensure that CAFE students are able to pursue academic excellence by mastering the fundamentals concepts in math and science;
- To develop reading, writing and comprehension skills; and
- To use the performing arts to help develop fundamental skills of thinking creatively, discipline, problem solving, self-esteem and sociability.
- The arts make learning come alive
- The arts cultivate skills and discipline
- The arts help students discover creative ways of thinking
- The arts strengthen academic performance
- The arts open a wide range of careers
- The arts help children understand their own as well as other cultures and times
- The Arts challenge students to think about and respond to themselves and the world of experience in many different ways.
Students taking courses in music performance and music appreciation scored higher in the SAT than students with no arts participation. Music performance students scored 53 points higher on the verbal and 39 points higher on the math. Music appreciation students scored 61 points higher on the verbal and 42 points higher on the math. (Source: 1999 College-Bound Seniors National Report: Profile of SAT Program Test Takers, The College Entrance Examination Board, Princeton, New Jersey)
Students exposed to music-based learning scored 100% higher on fraction tests than those who learned the conventional manner (Neurological Research, March 15, 1999)